About MAGDRL NJ
The Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League, Inc. (MAGDRL) was organized in 1979 to serve the seven states of the Mid-Atlantic region. It now covers NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, VA, DC and WV..
The organization is a DC corporation and has a charitable tax-exemption under code 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code - 52-1177018.
MAGDRL is staffed completely by volunteers. Therefore, 100% of the funds donated to our organization are used to help our Great Danes. Like all humane groups, MAGDRL is in the unique position of helping both humans and pets. In our case, the pets are Great Danes and mixed Dane dogs, and the people are all those who have or want the companionship of the breed or often, just dogs in general.
Become a MAGDRL Member
For only $25, you can become a MAGDRL member. Show your support for Dane rescue, plus:
- get a one year subscription to the famous RESCUER'S RECORD! This publication is known far and wide as an excellent read and is chock-full of great articles, rescue stories, adoptable Danes and more! Pages and pages of Dane news.
- You can also become a virtual sponsor and more
- Go to MAGDRL's page to register as a member
MAGDRL Helps People To:
- Determine the right breed of dog for their lifestyle.
- Find healthy companionable Danes who fit their circumstances.
- Find loving replacement homes for Danes they can no longer keep.
- Become knowledgeable about the care and training of their Dane.
- Resolve Dane physical/behavioral problems.
- Overcome their grief at the loss of their beloved pet.
- Stretch their tax dollar by assuming the Dane burden from public shelters.
MAGDRL helps Danes by:
- Providing for the rescue and care of those who have been abandoned, neglected, and/or abused by their previous owners.
- Spaying/neutering and providing any medical treatment necessary to return the Dane to good health.
- Training/socializing to ensure that the Danes in rescue can adapt to new homes
- Placing rescued Danes with people who will provide secure, loving and healthy homes.
- To do this, MAGDRL screens the applicant and the home, checks references and enters into a legally binding agreement with the adopting family. We require that the rescued Dane be kept inside the house: a member of the family.